You can’t beat the AFM! Cover your instruments, PA, computer and more at replacement value – at home, at the gig, on the road.
Insurance plans and providers differ for U.S. and Canadian members. Please see the appropriate details below and contact us at [email protected] with any questions!
Insurance plans for AFM members in the US are provided through Mercer Consumer. For the most up to date information on a wide variety of insurance plans for AFM members, please visit: https://www.personal-plans.com/afm/welcome.do
A fillable PDF application is available here: Equipment Insurance App US
As a professional musician, you depend upon your instruments and equipment. Just think of the exorbitant costs of replacing equipment if it is lost or damaged. Most homeowner’s and renter’s insurance is not enough to protect from loss, theft or damage on location. Thus, the AFM provides access to the “All-Risk” Musician Instrument and Equipment Insurance Plan. Your instruments and music-related equipment are protected from vandalism, breakage, water, fire, lightening and theft up to the full replacement value.
- Annual Premium Per $100 of Replacement Value
- Your first $1,500 of equipment: $2.20 per $100 value
- Over $1,500 of equipment: $1.00 per $100 value
NOTE: Minimum premium is $75. Total values in excess of $100,000 must be submitted for individual analysis, and acceptance may be subject to additional information. There is no limit to the amount you can apply for. Coverage will become effective for $100,000 or more upon approval by the underwriting company. Program is subject to a deductible of $100 for each loss.
Instrument, Equipment and Liability Insurance for Canadian members are available through HUB International. For the most up to date information, please visit: http://www.cfmusicians.org/services/we-ve-got-it-covered
A fillable PDF application is available here: Musicians Instrument Equipment Liability App CFM
- All Risks coverage on your instruments and equipment
- Worldwide coverage
- Rental reimbursement if you need to rent an instrument or equipment in the event of a loss, up to $1,000
- $100 Deductible
- Commercial General Liability including bodily injury, personal injury, property damage, medical payments, tenants legal liability, advertising injury and non-owned automobile
Instrument Insurance Rate
- $2.00 rate per $100 sum insured for Instruments & Equipment
Liability Insurance Rates
- $500 deductible
- $1,000,000 limit – $50 per member
- $2,000,000 limit – $100 per member
- (Higher limits available upon request)
For more info, please contact:
3063 Walker Road
Windsor, Ontario,N8W 3R4
Telephone: 519 966-2600
Fax: 519 966-6177
Toll Free: 1 800 563-9441 EXT: 287
Email: [email protected]